Truline Construction is the leading name in construction and interior services in the North West of England. They had been using traditional paper-based methods to run their day to day business but to move with the times and ensure they were delivering the best possible customer service, the management team engaged NineGroup to create a new IT infrastructure. Streamlining office operations and mobile communication was of paramount importance. NineGroup implemented robust Microsoft cloud applications including Office 365, OneDrive for Business, and Skype for Business delivered through cutting-edge Windows tablets to achieve and exceed Truline's goals.
Truline Construction is a leading provider of general construction, refurbishment, interior fit out and bespoke joinery services in the North West of England. Using traditional and contemporary methods, Truline ensures that every project is delivered to the customer's exact specification by the in-house quality tradesmen. With more than 50 employees equipped with a diverse skill range, quality and value are at the top of the priority list. Although recently adding a business development function, much of Truline's work still comes from repeat business and recommendation. The drive to exceed customer expectation has been front-of-mind as the business begins to explore how modern technology and the cloud can help it move forward, towards the next stage of growth.
Like many small businesses, Truline Construction had a reactive IT support service but wasn't receiving any guidance on how to exploit cutting-edge technology to make improvements within the business. Struggling with an onsite server and a mixture of laptops, most of the firm's processes were paper based. Information sharing between office-based and mobile operatives was difficult and mobile operatives would have to travel back to the office to complete or access job information. Truline was hungry to find new ways to become more efficient and empower its workforce whether they were at the office or onsite.
"It's vital that we keep our clients happy and maintain our level of excellence. As the pace of business speeds up, our clients increasingly need 24hour reactive service. To stay competitive, we knew we needed more up-to-date tools and we had to get away from a paper-led approach," comments Ian Lucas.
"By introducing up-to-date technology, we've improved everyone's productivity. Our operatives have greater freedom to deliver their best in the office, working remotely or out on construction sites. We've been able to optimise our processes and increase customer focus knowing our technology is in a safe pair of hands."
Ian Lucas, Managing Director, Truline Construction
Microsoft partner, NineGroup, demonstrated the power, flexibility, efficiency and security of the Microsoft cloud, delighting Truline Construction with the potential it offered to reinvent processes and accelerate mobile productivity. NineGroup designed and implemented a new IT platform to replace Truline's ageing hardware based around Office 365 and the very latest 4G Windows 10 laptops and tablets.
Office 365 provides cloud-based email which is now accessible across all devices, Microsoft Office 2016 applications, and OneDrive for Business for cloud-based document storage and sharing. SharePoint online provides internal document sharing and collaboration, while Skype for Business has revolutionised internal and customer communication with new functions like instant messaging, screen sharing and video conferencing. To support the highly mobile workforce, NineGroup has mobilised all applications across each new device and enabled a mobile device management system to ensure that company information is secure, protected and controlled. Operatives now enjoy a streamlined user experience powered by Windows 10 irrespective of whether they are using a laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
Angela Griffiths, IT Transformation lead at Truline, recalls, "This technology is leagues ahead of where we were and the contrast is incredible. It's made every part of the business more efficient. NineGroup was on the front foot at every step even demonstrating what the new tools could do for each operative before we went live. Everyone is very excited about the potential its opening up for us now."
"Our job management process has been transformed by moving everything into OneDrive for Business. Every step from job allocation through to client sign-off and issuing a customer satisfaction survey is managed in the cloud and through mobile devices."
Benefits & Value
Driving greater efficiency & profitability
- Skype for business enables the team to stay connected and work collaboratively wherever they are - using multi-party calls, instant messaging and video conferencing
- With documents stored securely in OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online, Truline can now share and co-author information between themselves and extend access to customers for an even more efficient, proactive service
- Truline has complete peace of mind that data is automatically backed up in the cloud and can be restored quickly without major impact or reliance on costly server hardware
- With an optimised working experience for all operatives, Truline can now operate more profitably; completing jobs faster while reducing travelling time and cost and maximising the productivity of customer meetings.
Business without boundaries
- With all data and emails stored in the cloud, mobile operatives have uninterrupted remote access to all their information through powerful yet portable Windows 10 tablets
- Operatives working with multiple devices enjoy a unified working experience thanks to Office 365 and Windows 10; enabling them to adopt new processes and work efficiently as they move between environments and devices
- Management teams can now confidently stay on top of business performance, accessing management reports from within OneDrive and using Skype for Business to connect with the workforce quickly to get real-time updates.
- DocuSign integration with OneDrive for Business enables the complete job allocation and management process to be handled from within the cloud, meaning a job can be signed off by the customer without the need for a messy paper trail.
- With many devices in use outside of the office, data protection is paramount mobile device management within Office 365 enables Truline to quickly wipe and shut down devices remotely if necessary to prevent information from falling into the wrong hands.
Stronger customer relationships
- External communication and collaboration with customers has been transformed with OneDrive for Business Groups; now customers can quickly access job updates, see job progress and view images through shared folders
- Greater automation of processes enables customer questionnaires to be issued as soon as a job is complete, the customer can now complete remotely or onsite
- With greater information security, and enhanced service, Truline Construction has increased repeat business and successfully won new tenders.
For more information, visit: